Thursday, March 9, 2023

Last night's 'adventure' with a rat...

So I was just about ready to go to sleep last night, when I hear a cat come in through one of the cat doors. Obviously Charlie, from the amount of noise he's making - Leon doesn't have nearly as much to say to the world as this guy! I ignore it to start with, but he keeps on talking, responding when I talk to him quietly from where I am (trying not to wake himself who is sleeping in the next room) but not making any progress otherwise.
Eventually I get up to see what his problem is (being the neurotic little sole that he is, it could have been anything...), to find that he's brought a rat in, and he wants someone to come and take a look. The rat is moving slightly - I've never had to deal with a live rat in the house before, they've always been dead by this stage!
It looks near death's door, so I grabbed a pan and brush from the laundry to scoop it up and chuck it outside, but in that time it has started to come around and move a bit more... I panicked and pinned it down with the brush - but what do I do now?
I'm ashamed to say (not really, but it makes for a better story), I resorted to calling out and waking himself to come and help, while I kept pressure on the beast. He grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and took it outside.
Meanwhile, Charlie is ever-so pleased with himself, and we tell him what a good boy he's been and go back to bed. This is, I might add, after he has eaten his own and half of Leon's dinner earlier in the evening, making up for not showing his face the day before (quite normal for him), so it's not like he was short on food. He had a munch on a few biscuits before also going to bed.
I am *so* tempted to lock the cat doors tonight, LOL!!
 
Originally posted to Facebook 09 March 2018 

No comments:

Post a Comment